Accessibility Statement For https://RomanAlexanderWellington.com
Last Updated: 3/20/2020
We want everyone who visits https://RomanAlexanderWellington.com to feel welcome, and find the experience rewarding, so we have tried our best to go above and beyond The Public Sector Bodies Accessibility Regulations 2018.
RomanAlexanderWellington.com is committed to being digitally accessible for people with disabilities. We are continually trying to improve the user experience for everyone and conforming to the relevant WCAG 2.1 accessibility standards.
What Are We Doing to Be More Accessible For Our Users?
To help make RomanAlexanderWellington.com a positive, and inclusive web-browsing experience for everyone, we’ve implemented the SiteCompliance.io Accessibility Widget on our website in our continued efforts to better aid our users with their accessibility needs, and to better help RomanAlexanderWellington.com comply with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities and make RomanAlexanderWellington.com more user friendly for everyone.
The WCAG has three levels of accessibility (A, AA and AAA). Due to the required use of required coding, necessary plugins, software & programs, etc. that RomanAlexanderWellington.com must use and deploy to function properly at this time, RomanAlexanderWellington.com has chosen to conform to as many of the WCAG 2.1 Level A and AA standards currently possible under its current developmental and technological restrictions, as well as its current financial and developmental resources and capabilities..
However, through the implementation and use of the Accessibility Widget, RomanAlexanderWellington.com believes that it is able to provide its users with a WCAG 2.1 AA level user experience. It is the continued aim of RomanAlexanderWellington.com to try to conform with the WCAG 2.1 Level AA standards on a code level as well, as new and alternative technologies emerge that would allow us to do so.
RomanAlexanderWellington.com recognizes however that accessibility and usability are not always possible in every area of our website, or for those visitors using certain assistive technologies and devices that may not be compatible with certain necessary aspects of our site. However, we conduct accessibility reviews of its website often and attempts to correct any issues (within its reasonable abilities to do so) that are uncovered by these reviews.
Although we cannot fix every issue, as there are still software, coding, and plugin limitations to creating a perfectly accessible web environment, RomanAlexanderWellington.com is committed to making every effort possible, within its reasonable ability to do so, to make our site accessible.
Please be aware that our efforts to make our website more accessible, as well as our education as to new or alternative technologies to aid in our website’s accessibility, are ongoing. We do not claim to have a 100% accessible website yet, or that we know/have tried every option out there (we don’t know, what we don’t know), but we are certainly trying our hardest to respect the needs of users of our site who have a disability. As such, we have worked to the best of our ability/knowledge to make our site accessible to as many users as possible.
Accessibility On RomanAlexanderWellington.com Via Our “Accessibility Widget”:
RomanAlexanderWellington.com makes available to its users the SiteCompliance.io Accessibility Widget (seen on the screen by a blue colored circular image with a white wheelchair in it) on every page of this website.
RomanAlexanderWellington.com is proud to be a part of the community of websites dedicated to providing a better, and more accessible, web browsing experience to all users.
Through the use of this Accessibility Widget, powered by a dedicated accessibility server, the Accessibility Widget allows RomanAlexanderWellington.com to improve its compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1). By using our Accessibility Widget, visitors to our website have the following eleven (11) accessibility features instantly accessible to them:
- A “Keyboard Navigation” function to give users the ability to navigate our website using their keyboard.
- A “Text-to-Speech” function to provide audio aid in using our site which supports over thirty different languages, native accents, and locales.
- A “Contrast” function which will enable the user to change the contrast of our pages to help suit their unique visual needs.
- A “Highlight Links” function which emphasizes links, buttons, and action elements in clear, high-contrast colors that are easy to identify. It also highlights clickable items for easier site usability, navigation, and overall accessibility.
- A “Bigger Text” function which cycles on-screen texts through four different levels of text-size increases.
- A “Text Spacing” function which will modify text and line spacing for improved readability for dyslexic, and visually impaired users. This option offers three degrees of adjustments for a personalized, and more accessible, reading experience.
- A “Stop Animations” function which pauses content that moves or auto-updates that might be considered an accessibility barrier. It stops animations, blinking and flashing content that distracts, and/or may trigger seizures.
- An “Enlarge Cursor” function which increases the standard cursor size by 400% to ensure the pointer always remains in sight. This allows for faster and more accessible navigation through hyperlinks, tabs, and form elements.
- A “Tooltips” function which shows alternative text and aria labels for on-screen elements with a simple mouse hover. “Tooltips” are prominent, high contrast, and easy to read for low-vision users with accessibility needs.
- A “Page Structure” function which will quickly reveal page headings, landmarks, and links in a clear, structured, easily navigable, and accessible manner. This helps both disabled, and non-disabled, users find the content they want much faster.
- A “Reset All” Since the accessibility options of our widget can be mixed and matched in any combination to suit the personal accessibility needs of each individual user (and saved for future site visits), the “Reset All” function will set the Accessibility Widget back to its original default settings.
Enabling the Accessibility Widgets Functions (Titled: Accessibility Menu):
The Accessibility Menu of RomanAlexanderWellington.com is found by clicking/activating the Accessibility Widget (seen on the screen by a blue colored circular image with a white wheelchair in it). By clicking/activating the Accessibility Widget, the Accessibility Menu will appear. After accessing the Accessibility Menu, visitors may need to wait a moment for the Accessibility Menu to load in its entirety. Once loaded, a user may select the accessibility functions that best suit their needs.
See Something That Needs To Be Fixed/Improved?
The team at RomanAlexanderWellington.com understands that there may be certain aspects of the website that could have been missed in its conformity audits, and openly welcomes any feedback that might help us improve our website and better serve our valued users.
While we do monitor our website regularly for any issues, we also rely on feedback from our users to help bring items to our attention we may have missed. So, if you have found an inaccessible area on our site, please assist our team by informing us of the issue via our contact form. Please specify the web page and provide any other relevant information to help us locate the problem.
In the event a webpage, video, audio, or other piece of Multi-Media content, cannot be made accessible, we will attempt to make a text (or otherwise accessible) version of the content available to you. Please contact us via our contact form to request a specific electronic format. Please provide us with your contact information, the format you require, the web page address of the located issue, and the location of the issue on the page/within our content.
If you have specific questions or feedback about our RomanAlexanderWellington.com accessibility, or if you need assistance using specific features, please contact us. We do our best to help, and would love to hear from you!
How To Contact Us:
If you enjoyed using https://RomanAlexanderWellington.com, or if you had trouble with any part of it, please get in touch. We’d like to hear from you in any of the following ways:
- Email Us At: contact@RomanAlexanderWellington.com
- Call Us At: (480) 339-0953
- Use Our Contact Form At: https://RomanAlexanderWellington.com/contact-us/